So, I'm obviously pumped about the new Beauty and The Beast movie. It's one of my Top 5 Disney films, so a new one just makes me giddy. Disney is just rolling out with all of these brand new live action films. I mean The Jungle Books was incredible and so was Pete's Dragon, so I have no reason to fear for the success of this one. To celebrate the upcoming movie, I decided to create a Beauty and The Beast wreath. My guest room is packed full of Beauty and The Beast decor, so I thought this would be a great addition. I'll be making more Disney Wreaths, so be sure to subscribe to my newsletter.
What you'll need for a DIY Beauty and The Beast wreath:
- Artificial Red Roses
- Gold Leaf Ribbon – optional
- 10 Yards of Burlap (6 x 10 yd)
- 20 yards of 2.5 inch Yellow Burlap Ribbon (2 spools)
- Wired Wreath 18 inch
- Hot Glue Gun
- Buttons or jewels for embellishing – optional
Follow these Directions to create a really awesome DIY Disney Wreath:
- Tie the end of the brown burlap to any part of the wire wreath.
- Pull a loop into a section of the wreath, twist, and pull a loop into another wire section of the wreath. The loop size is up to you! My loops were kind of large because it's a large wreath. My loops sizes are mismatched because I like the texture it gives to the wreath, but you can keep them all the same size for a more polished look!
- Push each loop tightly next to the last. Be sure that no wire on your wreath is showing.
- After a few burlap loops, grab the yellow ribbon and tie a knot (on the inner part/back side of the wreath).
- Create loops next to your burlap section until you're satisfied with the section.
- Twist your burlap and pull loops through the section after the yellow one. Another option is the cut the burlap and ribbon each time, but I don't do that because I'm lazy.
- Continue weaving your burlap and ribbon from the back side until your wreath is finished. You will most likely run out of yellow ribbon, which is why I recommended buying 2 spools – Simply tie the end off and begin with the new one.
- As your reach the end of the wreath, tied the ends off and cut the remaining ribbon and burlap.
- Add the vine. Wrap the vine (Gold Leaf Ribbon) around the wreath. Don't add too much or it will look too busy. Use the hot glue gun to secure a a few of the leaves.
- Apply the roses. Use your hot glue gun to apply the red roses! Add as many or as few as you'd like!
- Finish it off with any little buttons or jewels that you'd like. I used some that I had lying around in my craft room.
- To hang your wreath: Simply tie a piece of twine or remaining ribbon around the outer wire at the top, creating a loop and hang from the loop. Or you can do like I did, and hang the wreath on a hook by the back of the wired wreath frame. Easy-peezy.
- Share this post. That's it – you did it! Your Beauty and The Beast wreath is complete! Now tell your family and friends that you saw it here first!
This post may contain affiliate links and/or promotional products, all opinions expressed are that of But First, Joy only. Read my full disclosure.