This movie has caused quite a stir in the entertainment industry. I wont get into the controversy, but I personally believe it's going to be an epic adventure. I'm not typically into the whole action-adventure genre, but there's something really intriguing about The Great Wall. Maybe it's the breathtaking visuals or quite possibly, it's my love for Matt Damon… just sayin.
A new trailer for The Great Wall debuted at New York Comic Con this year (and I was there). It's definitely going to be a huge hit, especially with Director, Zhang Yimou!
THE GREAT WALL – In Theaters February 17, 2017
Starring global superstar Matt Damon and directed by one of the most breathtaking visual stylists of our time, Zhang Yimou (Hero, House of Flying Daggers), Legendary’s The Great Wall tells the story of an elite force making a valiant stand for humanity on the world’s most iconic structure. The first English-language production for Yimou is the largest film ever shot entirely in China. The Great Wall also stars Jing Tian, Pedro Pascal, Willem Dafoe and Andy Lau.
The film will be released in 3D by Universal Pictures.
- Genre: 3D Action-Thriller
- Cast: Matt Damon, Jing Tian, Pedro Pascal, Willem Dafoe, Hanyu Zhang, Eddie Peng, Lu Han, Kenny Lin, Junkai Wang, Zheng Kai, Cheney Chen, Xuan Huang and Andy Lau
- Directed by: Zhang Yimou
- Story by: Max Brooks and Edward Zwick & Marshall Herskovitz
- Screenplay by: Carlo Bernard & Doug Miro and Tony Gilroy
- Produced by: Thomas Tull, Charles Roven, Jon Jashni, Peter Loehr
- Executive Producers: Jillian Share, Alex Gartner, La Peikang, Zhang Zhao, E. Bennett Walsh
- Co-Producers: Eric Hedayat, Er Young, Alex Hedlund
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links and/or promotional products, all opinions expressed are that of But First, Joy only. Read my full disclosure.