For many influencers and bloggers, a new year means budgeting and creating a solid business plan. It would be unrealistic to think you could have a flourishing business without making some sort of investment.
I know what you’re thinking:
“An investment? How much are we talking? Can’t I just dish out pretty photos and good content?“
First of all, I wish it were that easy. While there have been a handful of lucky bloggers, influencers, and YouTubers who got famous with just one interesting piece of content – that isn’t something you should expect.
Ask yourself these questions:
What sets me apart from others? Who will treat my brand like a business if I don’t treat it like one?
To be blunt, real businesses INVEST. But wait, let me clarify:
The word investment sounds intimidating. Trust me, I know it does. This is particularly scary if you don’t have much of an income yet. However, investments can be as little as spending $50 on a few photos props.
These are a few things I recommend investing in this year:
What Kind of Things Should Influencers Be Investing in?
- Photo & Video Equipment
- Courses, Conferences, and Furthering Education
- Design and Online Presence
- Advertising and Promotions
- Services and Memberships
Here are the specific products I recommend:
Many of these products I use myself, while others come highly recommended from other influencers or professionals. If you have questions about any of my recommendations, just let me know in the comments below!
Courses & Conferences I Recommend:
As far as courses and conference go, I’m not necessarily an expert.However, I’ve heard some pretty fantastic things about the following:
- How To Plan Your Blog Year in a Day – This course is EVERYTHING. It will not only teach you how to PLAN your blog year, but how to manifest all of your wildest dreams, turned goals. – Course by 4 Hats and Frugal
- Mom 2.0 Summit – Location varies each year. Tickets sell fast!
- Mediavine Conferences – Conference takes place at multiple locations, multiple times per year.
- Connect & Learn Retreat – (I’ll be attending this year so I’ll let you know more) but you can join the FB community for ways to apply. This is another invite only.
- Permission to Hustle Retreat – Join the FB group for news on upcoming retreats and how to apply. This retreat in invite only.
- Printable Crush Design Course – This courses teaches you the ins and outs of designing beautiful products for your blog or online shop.
Do you have a service, retreat, or product you’d like added to my list of things for influencers to invest in? Let me know in the comments below or send me an email!
This post may contain affiliate links and/or promotional products, all opinions expressed are that of But First, Joy only. Read my full disclosure.