Bee themed crafts for kids are fun and easy. These crafts are a great idea for summer and they are a great way to teach kids about the importance of bees to nature and survival. Plus, this is a great way to avoid the heat waves this year!
This post will provide you with detailed instructions on creating two bee themed crafts for kids. In addition, I’ll be sharing some of my favorite bee crafts from other bloggers!
1. DIY Water Balloon Bee Craft
Water balloons are a great medium for bee themed crafts for kids. For this craft you will need the following:
- 2 yellow water balloons
- a black marker
- construction paper
- A pipe cleaner.
- Start this summer craft by helping kids blow up one of the balloons all the way. Then, blow up the other balloon only enough to make a small ball shape.
- Using the ends of the balloons tie the balloons together tightly.
- Then help kids use the marker to color black zigzag lines around the body of the bee (big balloon).
- Add a line around the small balloon and add eyes and a mouth to this balloon, as well.
- Help kids fold a small piece of paper in half and cut a tear drop shape from the paper. These will be the wings. Make sure the pointed end of the wings is on the folded side of the paper. It is important because the wings will need to remain together during this project.
- Cut a piece of pipe cleaner about 6 inches long. Fold it in half and twist it around the place where the balloons are tied together. Bend the ends up towards the head and curl the ends to make fun antennas.
- Place the folded part of the wings on top of the place where the pipe cleaners are twisted and glue them in place. When the glue has dried this bee themed craft is done.
2. Foam Tray Bee Craft
A foam tray is a great medium for making bee themed summer crafts with kids. For this craft you will need:
- a white foam tray or foam paper plate
- yellow paint
- a paintbrush
- black construction paper
- a pen
- a pipe cleaner
- Start by drawing a bee body onto the foam tray. This is done by drawing a circle for the head. Then add an oval shape for the body, and a point for the stinger.
- Help kids cut out the bee shape.
- Allow them to paint the entire shape yellow, and let it dry.
- While the bee body is drying, it is time to make the details for this summer craft. Help kids cut a zigzag line out of the construction paper. Also help them cut two small tear drop shapes out of the paper for wings.
- Bend the pipe cleaner in half and curl the ends around the pen to create antenna. You may want to make the pipe cleaner a little shorter first.
- When the paint is dry help kids assemble the bee themed summer craft. Glue the antenna to the head. Add an eye and a mouth with the pen. Then add the zigzag pattern to the body. Trim extra paper off of the sides. Glue the wings on to finish this bee craft.
Making bee themed crafts with kids is a great project for summer (and beyond). These crafts are easy and fun; try these bee crafts with your kids and checkout my favorite blogger bee-themed crafts for kids:
This post may contain affiliate links and/or promotional products, all opinions expressed are that of But First, Joy only. Read my full disclosure.