This post contains affiliate links.
Have you watched The Choice? It's one of the most romantic movies that I've watched in quite awhile. It's no surprise, though. I mean, it was written by Nicholas Sparks, the biggest hopeless romantic in the world. The movie takes place in the country, by a big beautiful lake. The homes in the movie have a very country feel to them. You'll notice a beautiful wind chime in the movie. It's made of sea shells and compliments the home well. As inspired by the film, I have a super fun wind chime tutorial for you. This one is made with sea glass, as you may have seen Travis fiddling with at some point in the film. I hope that you enjoy making your windchime just as much as I did.
What you'll need
- 1 large and 1 small embroidery loop
- Two paint colors
- Foam brush
- Sea glass
- Translucent string
- Krazy glue
- Metal wiring
DIY Wind Chime
- Unscrew and remove the outer rings of the embroidery loops. Only the inner rings are needed for this project.
- Using the foam brush, paint the loops to your liking. Allow to dry for at least 1 hour.
- Use the translucent string to tie the smaller ring into the center of the larger. 4-6 knots should ensure that the center loop is taut and secure. Add a dot of Krazy glue to the center loop to each knot for added hold.
- Create a hanging knot using two long pieces of string and tying each end on the opposite sides of the larger ring. Secure the 4 knots with Krazy glue. Gather the strings at the top and knot with a loop.
- Using the metal wiring, wrap the sea glass to your liking.
- Using the string, tie chains of sea glass onto your rings – shorter chains on the outside and longer chains on the inside.Secure each knot with Krazy glue and allow to dry.
- Hang and enjoy the summer breeze
This post may contain affiliate links and/or promotional products, all opinions expressed are that of But First, Joy only. Read my full disclosure.