This low-carb green bean casserole will be a staple for your Thanksgiving and Christmas meals! With a fresh take on the traditional green bean casserole, your family will be going back for seconds.
There's one thing my grandfather has always requested for our big Christmas meal: Green Bean Casserole. I can't say I blame him. Fresh green beans and mushrooms offer a whole lot of flavor and just enough crisp.
Low-Carb Green Bean Casserole
In my Keto Green Bean Casserole, you'll get just as much flavor and crisp with a little bit of a twist on the classic dish. Rather than just throwing together green beans and cream of mushroom soup, like many of us are used to – this recipe features more quality ingredients.
Variations & Ingredients
My favorite part of the low-carb Green Bean Casserole is the sliced almonds. One of my favorite snacks on the Keto diet is almonds so it only makes sense to incorporate them into a low-carb holiday recipe.
As you'll see in the recipe card below, this healthier green bean casserole uses frozen green beans. However you can easily replace these with freshly sautéed green beans!
What to eat with Keto Green Bean Casserole
Pair this holiday side dish with any of the following low-carb sides, desserts, and mains for a delightful holiday meal – without the guilt:
- Holiday Ham
- Holiday Turkey
- Low-Carb Broccoli Cheddar Cornbread
- Easy Low-Carb Stuffing
- Low-Carb Apple Crisp
- Crisp & Crunchy Broccoli Slaw
Something else special about this Keto side dish is that it includes meat! That's right, you'll be including shredded chicken breast – giving it one more unique addition that is keto-friendly.
- 1 pound chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 to 2 (12 ounce) bags green beans, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) container sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until softened.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cream cheese, sour cream, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt until well combined.
- Add the green beans, chicken, mushrooms, and ¼ cup sliced almonds to the bowl. Stir until combined.
- Transfer green bean mixture to baking dish. Spread in the dish evenly.
- Top with remaining almonds and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through and bubbling.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 180mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 14g
What are your favorite low-carb and keto-friendly recipes to make for Thanksgiving and Christmas? Tell me in the comments below and maybe I can make a variation of it!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links and/or promotional products, all opinions expressed are that of But First, Joy only. Read my full disclosure.