Are you dreaming of a cheat day but don’t want to break Ketosis? Try this sensational low-carb Keto Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe to make in the microwave!
This microwave Keto cake is full of sweet chocolatey goodness. It might just be the guilty pleasure dessert that you don’t really have to feel guilty about.
Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
A low-carb microwave cake is basically a Keto dieter’s dream come true. Honestly, you can’t get much better than a cake that can be made with all the Keto ingredients you already have in your pantry.
First of all, if you’re reading this, chances are that you’ve already purged all the bad food from your house. In fact, you’ve most likely replaced it with all the main Keto cooking ingredients:
And this list goes on.
You’re also probably at a loss for Keto dessert recipes. I only know this because I was absolutely in your shoes when I started the Keto diet. Every Keto dessert recipe I tried wasn’t good. It tasted weird or was just a fail.
That’s why I love this microwave Keto cake. Anything that requires the microwave instead of the stove is exactly what I’m looking for on those busy nights!
What can you add to this cake?
Do you want to switch it up? You can do so by adding the following ingredients:
- Include a spoonful of almond butter in the mixture
- Add fresh fruit on top after cooking
- low-carb chocolate chips
- Cream cheese
How to make Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
You can find the simple instructions in the recipe card below. This delicious mug cake only serves 1. Which is totally fine because dessert shouldn’t be shared. Don’t ya think?
While this may seem like a lot of ingredients, it’s totally worth it for a Keto dessert that will get rid of that sweet tooth.
- 1½ T. coconut flour
- ½ t. baking powder
- 1¾ T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 1½ T. low carb sweetener of choice*
- 1 egg
- 2 T. heavy cream
- ¼ t. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ t. salt
- Add the first three ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Melt butter in a small bowl in a microwave for several seconds. Add low carb sweetener and stir until completely dissolved. Add egg, heavy cream, vanilla extract, and salt to the butter mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry and stir until thoroughly blended. Pour blended mixture into mug or small microwave-safe container and microwave on high for 1 minute.**
- Remove from microwave and serve immediately with fresh sliced strawberries, if desired. Enjoy!
**Actual cooking time will vary depending on individual unit. Check for doneness after 45 seconds. Do not overcook or the cake may become too dry.
Fresh sliced strawberries, to serve
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 482 Total Fat: 42g Saturated Fat: 24g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 281mg Sodium: 914mg Carbohydrates: 13g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 11g
This post may contain affiliate links and/or promotional products, all opinions expressed are that of But First, Joy only. Read my full disclosure.