Are you looking for a quick, easy, and appetizing Keto meal for lunch or dinner this week? Try this quick Keto Taco Salad Recipe.
If you’re anything like me, then you don’t want to give up those precious Taco Tuesdays. That’s what I love about the Ketogenic Diet. You don’t have to give up the things you love…
You can just alter them a bit.
I haven’t quite mastered the homemade Keto tortillas or tacos shells (trust me, I’ve tried), so I decided to throw something together one night. Alas, the Keto Taco Salad bowl was born.
Not only is this Keto Taco Bowl simple to make, it requires fewer ingredients and less time than traditional tacos. In fact, it’s even more desirable because you can alter this recipe by substituting or adding any of the ingredients!
Keto Taco Salad
One reason I enjoy tacos so much is because of the many different and fresh ingredients. I’m a veggie girl, so anything that allows me to throw in a variety of fresh, raw vegetables is something I enjoy!
This is the perfect Keto taco salad for anyone in a hurry and on a budget.
Why You’ll love this Low Carb Taco Salad for the Keto Diet
- It’s very low in carbs, making it fully acceptable to enjoy seconds.
- Prep time is minimal.
- Pretty and Colorful which makes it very photogenic.
- Easily altered to add your favorite ingredients.
- Can be made in under 30 minutes.
Taco Salad Keto Recipe Variations
This is a traditional ground beef taco salad Keto recipe. Basically, it has everything you’d expect in a taco without the tortilla or shell. If you want to switch it up – easy peezy!
- Turn this Taco Salad into a taco bowl for a more filling meal, by simply adding cauliflower rice.
- Use ground turkey for an even healthier alternative.
- Shredded chicken is another great option!
- Add pineapples, chicken, and low-carb teriyaki sauce for a Hawaiian taco salad.
While this recipe take minimal preparation time, you can cut that time in half by chopping and storing your vegetables ahead of time and cooking your ground beef.
You can store cooked ground beef in the refrigerator for 3-4 days or you can choose to freeze the Keto taco meat for a later date.
Ways to Serve
The Keto salad can be served in a regular salad bowl with a spoon. You can either carefully place the vegetables and other ingredients on top or mix it together. However, it looks much prettier and more colorful when you place it on top.
You can also serve in homemade Cheese Keto Shells.
How to Make a Taco Salad
- 1 lb. cooked ground beef
- Packaged Taco Mix
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Chopped lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded Cheese
- Sour cream
- Lime Wedges
- First, sauté the meat until you see only a little bit of pink. Drain oil and add meat back to pain.
- Next, add onions, garlic, 2 tbsp of water, and seasoning to pan or pot with ground beef until the meat is fully cooked.
- Add chopped lettuce to bottom of serving bowls.
- Then, top with seasoned sautéed taco meat mixture.
- To finish, top with cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, avocado, fresh salsa and a squeeze of lime.
Tip: If you want a little crunch, add a tablespoon of low-carb Tortilla strips
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 504Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 418mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 37g
This post may contain affiliate links and/or promotional products, all opinions expressed are that of But First, Joy only. Read my full disclosure.