The writing prompt for the #BehindTheBlogger hop this week is “Who do you think you are?” This has been a difficult one for me. I wanted to take this prompt with a confrontational tone, but it's not where my heart is at right now. I thought I would do something a little different and eye-opening. I am going to write about how I see myself. I am emotional tonight, so let's see how this goes. It's going to be interesting because I know we all have a little bit of self-esteem issues, especially as women.
Who do you think you are? Well who do you think I am? We all make judgements based on our first impressions, the way we talk, walk, speak, and present ourselves. It's okay to make these judgements as long as you allow the person to change your mind or to prove you wrong. I think that we are all our worst critic. I judge myself more harshly than anyone else does.
Who Do You Think You Are?
- Strong – Sometimes I feel like I can handle anything. I think about what I've been through and I'm like “Damn, I don't know how I had the strength to do that alone.”
- Weak – I cannot let people go. I have always had an issue with kicking people out of my life. I don't like thinking of someone never being apart of my life again. Even when they've done me wrong, I can't seem to let them go. I hate feeling that weak.
- Restless – I can't sleep. My mind doesn't allow such silly things. The end.
- Lazy – Seriously, I push myself to do work every day. My blog or my home gets neglected. I can't motivate myself to do both most days. I literally whine when I have to do chores. I'm a teenager trapped in a woman's body.
- Emotional – Yeah, I remember the days when I could cut someone off or put someone in their place without batting my pretty little eyes. Now, I rethink it. I question it. I feel guilty even when I shouldn't. The thought of hurting someone's feelings, even if they have hurt mine, just makes me feel BAD. It's just not who I am anymore and I kinda hate it.
- Passionate – I am passionate about writing. Sometimes I don't feel it or show it, but at the end of the night when I am laying in bed (being restless) all I can think about it writing. Not just writing reviews, but writing posts like this. It's always been my outlet and it's where a lot of my passion lies. I am also passionate about music. There's something about music that gets my blood boiling and my heart racing. It's always going to have my heart. Finally, I am passionate about love. I am in love with being in love. I always have been. The butterflies are addicting.
- Bitchy – Yeah, I know I'm bitchy. There are times when I just want to ignore people, especially on Facebook. I am short with people. I don't understand why people do and say stupid things and it annoys me. I am bitchy about people who complain all the time, yet here I am complaining.
- Empathetic – You cry, I cry. You're in pain? I can feel it. Empathy is something that cannot be explained to someone that isn't empathetic. I've always been an empath. I can't look at a homeless man without holding back tears. I cannot walk past an animal without thinking about how much better it would be with me.
- A Lover – Like I said, I love to love. I can be very lovable. I want to give and receive compliments all the time. I love to see people happy.
- A Fighter – Maybe it's been instilled in me because of my traumatizing childhood, but I always fight for something that I believe in. My voice MUST be heard. I cannot just sit back and keep my mouth shut if I am passionate. I will fight for those that I love and I will fight for what I believe in.
- Unappreciative – There are times when I look at my life and I think, WHY am I complaining? I have SO much to be thankful for, yet I feel like I want more. Sometimes I am so grateful that I could cry and other times I find a reason to be unappreciative. I'm just a big mess.
- A Beautiful Disaster – I am just one big mess, as you can tell if you read my posts. I am almost 27 years old and I am still confused and still growing as a woman. I know there's so much soul and beauty inside of me, but I am rough around the edges. I have wicked thoughts, a sick sense of humor, and a bad temper (but not a short one). I have a good heart, a creative streak, and a fire inside of me that will never diminish.
I am an equal rights advocate. I am an animal lover. I am a tattoo lover and a hopeless romantic. I am a Scorpio.I curse like a sailor and I really don't give a … hehehe. This is me. Love me or leave me!
So now that you know how I view myself, tell em about YOU!
Who do you think you are?
Thank you for reading a story from #BehindTheBlogger Hop. Every 2 weeks a group of bloggers is given a writing prompt. These prompts are very open ended, so our bloggers can write about whatever they desire. The main rule is that their blog post directly relates to the topic of that week. The point of this hop is for our readers to get to know us on a personal level.
Please hop along and read all of the blog posts in this weeks hop. Just click the links below. If you want real and raw emotion, then you will find it here. After you read each post, please comment and share. We want to get to know you too!
Are you a blogger looking to join our future hops? Sign Up Here
This post may contain affiliate links and/or promotional products, all opinions expressed are that of But First, Joy only. Read my full disclosure.