Manifestation is real and it all begins with a dream. By making a manifestation vision board on Pinterest, you can literally see your future!
To begin, let's discuss exactly what a vision board is.
What is a vision board?
A vision board is basically a visual representation of what you'd like to see in your future. The board can be a a list of quotes, photos, ideas, dreams, and goals.
You may have seen physical vision boards created with magazine cutouts, photo prints, written words, and poster boards. This is basically the same thing – but digital (and less messy).
Pinterest is a great place to make your very own vision board for manifestation. Not only can you find anything you're looking for, Pinterest will also recommend ideas which gives a great boost of inspiration.
First, I'll explain to you exactly what manifestation is and why you should incorporate it into your life.
What is Manifestation?
Manifestation is the very act of thinking or wishing something into existence. By putting your full energy into something, you're telling the universe, “This is what I want and I am fully committed to making it happen!”
A perfect example is when everyone around you is sick and you feel a tickle in your throat. If you don't give it a second thought, you'll probably be fine. However, if you continue to vocalize and think about that little tickle in your throat, putting all of your energy into those thoughts, you may fall ill.
Our thoughts are incredible powerful. That's why I make it my mission to help you turn those negative thoughts into positive ones.
How Does Manifestation Work?
Manifestation, however, works a little differently. It's not just thinking thinking things into existence.
Wait, it's not?
Manifestation works by actually living as if you already have the things you desire or as if you know these things are coming.
Here's the thing about manifestation: You have to actually believe these things are going to happen. Get excited about your future and all the possibilities!
Talk about it. Pin it to your vision board. Write it down. Repeat it. Set goals. Work towards it. Vocalize it often. Be very specific. Dream big and don't be afraid.
If you truly want to manifest something – you cannot go into it half-heartedly. You need to be fully committed and confident.
Now that you've got a pretty good grasp on what manifestation is, we can begin setting up our vision board!
How To Setup a Vision Board on Pinterest:
- If you haven't already, you'll need to create an account on Pinterest.com. If you already have an account – sign in.
- Next, you'll create a new board. You can make this board private or public and name it anything you'd like. This board can be as simple as “Vision Board” or as specific as “2021 Manifestation Goals”.
- As soon create your board, Pinterest will begin offering you new ideas to pin. I noticed when I included “Vision Board” in the title, Pinterest offered up inspirational quotes.
- Now, the fun begins. Using the Pinterest search bar to find exactly what you'd like to add to your board. Click save, select your Vision Board and boom – there is is!
For example, if your goal is to buy a new car, search for the exact car you want. Include the make, model, and color. The key is to be specific! Add that to your board.
- If you're really into organization, you can take your vision board a step forward by organizing the pins within the board by section!
Now, let's talk about what to include in your Pinterest Manifestation Board.
What Do I Put on My Manifestation Board?
For many of us, this is where we get a block. We're so excited about making our dreams come true that we quite literally forget what we want.
Here's the great thing:
Your vision board doesn't have to be created in one day. It doesn't even need to be finished in the coming year. Pinterest gives you the ability to continue adding to your board as much and as often as you'd like.
That is why I prefer to create a digital vision board. It allows me to dream all year long, without the limitations of a poster board.
As far as what to put on your vision board, here's a list of examples – but please, feel free to get as creative as you'd like.
Examples of what to include on your manifestation vision board:
- Career Goals
- New car
- Financial Goals
- Relationship Goals
- Self-Care Ideas
- Motivational Quotes
- Colors that inspire you
- Buying a house
- Minimalism Lifestyle
- Words that have meaning to you
- Places you'd like to visit
- Mindful & Intentional Living
- Tasks that you'd like to conquer
- Parenting plans
- Photos of how you'd like your home to look.
- Family plans (marriage, baby, puppy, etc.)
- Personal Achievements
- Bucket List Items
Vision Board Manifestation Tips
If you really want your vision board to be successful, you should take it seriously. Don't make it, then forget it. Here are a few tips:
- Make a list of dreams or goals before building your board. This will give you direction.
- Look at your board often. All of the images should bring up some sort of positive emotions for you. These are images you truly enjoy seeing every day.
- Pray or meditate on the board. You want your energy and emotions to be fully intertwined with the things on your board.
- Share your board with others in the But First, Joy community (more communication about your goals – the more energy you're putting towards it.) (You can take a look at my board here)
- Think positively and be enthusiastic about what you want. You want to attract good energy.
- Make it a point to look at your vision board and visualize those things in your life regularly. This would be a good time to journal about how the images make you feel when you picture those things in your life.
- Make a list of ways you could work toward making each of those dreams come true.
- Update your board regularly – that's the perk of a Pinterest vision board. Add to it as new things come to your mind. You're going to grow and change as you begin to manifest things. Then, you're going to automatically find yourself making new goals.
One vital thing to manifesting your dreams, is to actually believe it's going to happen.
Manifesting your dreams takes work. A vision board is just the beginning.
Additionally, you have to understand that it takes work. Manifestation isn't a way of tricking the universe into giving you what you want. It's a way to work alongside the universe, with a brand new mindset and to-do list, to make these things happen.
Join the But First, Joy Community for a FREE Manifestation Printable Goalsheet and Thought-Starter Page!
This post may contain affiliate links and/or promotional products, all opinions expressed are that of But First, Joy only. Read my full disclosure.