These self care quotes for moms and women will inspire the ladies to make themselves a priority. It's important to encourage women to love themselves again.
I didn't understand motherhood before my son was born. I'd never cared for anyone, other than my cats. I didn't understand that children not only need you for survival and education – they need you for everything.
From emotional support to pure entertainment, our children take up all of our time. Especially if you're an empathetic mother of a toddler, like me.
There's something I have found to be true for not only moms, but for most women:
Sometimes it takes one simple thing to make something just CLICK inside of you. You read a touching story and all of a sudden the tears are flowing because you realize YOU are that person. You're the vulnerable woman who unknowingly wants something more. You want to feel special – we all do.
After this, be sure to visit my favorite 30 Inspirational Brené Brown Quotes for Authentic Women!
Self Care Quotes for Moms & Women
From famous self care quotes to little golden nuggets of wisdom, these self care quotes are perfect for moms and women who need a little encouragement.
1. “You are not alive just to pay bills and lose weight.”
Amen! We shouldn't spend our lives chasing the next paycheck or weight loss gimmick. It's okay to spend money leisurely and to love your body.
2. “You are worth the quiet moment. You are worth the deeper breaths and you are worth the time it takes to slow down, be still, and rest.” – Morgan Harper Nichols
This is the perfect self care quote for moms. It's okay to enjoy these things. You are allowed to be a happy woman when your children aren't around.
3. “Keep taking time for yourself until you're you again.” – Lalah Delia
You're one of a kind, sister! It's important that you value and love yourself enough to say YOU forever.
4. “Self Care is giving the world the best of you instead of what's left of you.”
Don't give everything you've got with nothing left for yourself. Making yourself a priority is important!
5. “It's so empowering to say ‘this isn't serving me' and walk away in peace.”
6. “I have some issues with my past self but she was young and I forgive her.”
Stop holding on to negative things, past traumas, and guilt. You deserve to love yourself fully and without conditions.
7. “You owe yourself the love that you so freely give to other people.”
Likewise, you owe it to yourself. Nobody knows your hardships the way you do. You've likely overcome adversity, experienced pain deeper than words can explain, and yet, you're still your biggest critic. Let it go. Forgive yourself and love yourself the way you love others.
8. “You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep other people warm.”
In fact, if someone requests or demands this from you – that's likely a toxic individual. Set yourself free from those feelings.
9. “Become a priority in your life.”
I say this all the time. Your biggest priority should always be you. Yes, that means putting yourself before your family. You cannot be a good mom, wife, friend, or coworker if you are living with unhappiness.
10. “Don't forget you're human. It's okay to have a meltdown. Just don't unpack and live there. Refocus on where you're headed.”
The biggest misconception in life, a lot due to social media, is that we aren't allowed to not be okay. The moment a mother complains about her newborn not sleeping for days on end, we're attacked with annoying comments like “appreciate it while it lasts.”
The day a woman makes a statement about not being endlessly happy, everyone gives her a list of things to be thankful for.
Ladies, it's important for you to express yourself. Let yourself feel things and talk through them with women who will hold you as you cry, not tell you to suck it up.
11. “My health and sanity is my priority.” – UpandForwardonPurpose.com
Your health and sanity should always be your priority. Repeat this affirmation daily. Plus, grab my list of daily affirmations for women.
12. “You Yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
And nobody – I mean nobody – can love the way that you can.
13. “Self care is how you take your power back.”
Nobody can control you. You can't sit in self pity and blame that on others. Take back your power by putting yourself as number one!
14. “You can't pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.”
How can you give everything when you have nothing left of you?
15. “Put yourself at the top of your to do list every day and everything else will fall into place.”
This is a big and important quotes for me. As moms (and women), we are afraid to make ourselves a priority for fear of judgement and guilt.
16. “Work on you – for you!”
When you're going to make changes in your life, it's important that these changes are made to better yourself – not to please someone else.
17. “Take time off. The world will not fall apart without you.” – Malebo Sephodi
This is a big one for small business owners and mothers. We are always on-the-go and never seem to take stop. The fear of taking a break stems from mostly fear that something (or someone) will become neglected. In all reality, we end up neglecting ourselves.
18. “You are allowed to enforce your boundaries.”
Boundaries are a big deal for everyone. We all need to have boundaries that are clear and direct. If you're a highly sensitive person, here's a list of boundaries to set.
19. “Life is tough but so are you.”
Never underestimate your strength. Just the fact that you're reading this shows that you're powerful enough to care about bettering yourself. Give yourself some grace and keep it moving.
20. “One day, you'll look back and thank yourself for not giving up.”
I promise that things will get better. A year from now, you wont even recognize the person you were.
21. “She made a promise to herself to hold her own wellbeing sacred.”
Do it, sis! Your wellbeing and mental health is sacred. Never allow anyone to take that from you!
22. “It's not selfish to do what's best for you.” – Mark Sutton
Never allow someone to make you believe otherwise.
23. “You carry so much love in your heart. Give some to yourself.” – R.Z.
After all, nobody can love you like you can love you.
24. “Life is too short to spend it at war with yourself.”
This quote always makes me cry. It's absolutely beautiful because it's so dead on. Why are we so against ourselves? We're our biggest critics, judging every part of our bodies and personalities.
Just. Stop.It. Let it go. Let yourself live. Love yourself fully.
25. “Taking care of myself doesn't mean ‘Me First', it means ‘Me Too.” – L.R. Knost
Oh, this. There's such a misconception when it comes to self care. When we say “put yourself first” it doesn't mean neglect everything else. It means to take time for yourself so you can take time for everything else.
Which self care quotes for moms & women resonate with you the most?
This post may contain affiliate links and/or promotional products, all opinions expressed are that of But First, Joy only. Read my full disclosure.