You’re visiting Disney World while pregnant and wondering if you can ride anything at all. There are actually over 20 Walt Disney World rides that are safe to ride while pregnant! Here is the complete list of rides for all Walt Disney World Parks. This post was sponsored by Disney.
I’ve been to Disney more times than I can count. Which is why I was overjoyed to be invited back for a special event in August. After confirming my fun and securing a ticket for my fiancé to tag along, reality kicked in: “ I’m 2 months pregnant! Will it be safe to ride any Disney World rides while pregnant?” I pouted selfishly. I so desperately wanted to hop on Pandora’s Flight of Passage again, especially since it was my fiancé’s first time. So, I went with my better judgement and skipped all bumpy rides that I’d ridden so many times before.
I enjoyed the parks in a way that I hadn’t before. We strolled around the shops, tasted yummy pregnancy-safe foods and drinks, watched shows, and admired the effort Disney put into keeping the magic alive for so long. I experienced my Disney trip to the best of my first time Mom-to-be, ability.
After arriving home, I brainstormed on what to write about. I’ve written about Disney many times before but this post would be different. Being an engaged woman, I had the idea of approaching my post from a couples angle. My thoughts were “The best photo spots for couples at Walt Disney World” or “The most silly selfies for millennial couples at Disney”. But, nothing stuck. I couldn’t bring myself to get the words into a post. Maybe it was writers block, 1st trimester nausea, or the stress of Hurricane Irma that kept my brain occupied. Whatever it was, it led me to my first pregnancy Disney post and I couldn’t be more thrilled!
As I was daydreaming about Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party today, I started thinking of all the rides: Will I actually ride any this time? Then, it dawned on me! I should write a post that will basically be a go-to guide of all the Walt Disney World rides that are safe while pregnant.
Walt Disney World rides that are safe while pregnant
I hope this will be a go-to guide for my mom-to-be friends because it will definitely be a guide for me. Baby brain is a really thing. I can’t remember squat and I’m sure you’re struggling right along with me. So, I did all the research for you. I buzzed around the WDW site, reading the safety tips for every single ride at the 4 Disney World Parks: Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom, and Epcot.
All rides Disney World rides mentioned below are safe for pregnant women to ride according to Walt Disney World's website Accessibility and Guest Policies information.
Magic Kingdom pregnancy safe rides
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Haunted Mansion
- “it's a small world”
- Jungle Cruise
- Liberty Square Riverboat
- Mad Tea Party
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
- Walt Disney World Railroad – Fantasyland
- Walt Disney World Railroad – Frontierland
- Walt Disney World Railroad – Main Street, U.S.A.
Other safe things to do while pregnant at Magic Kingdom:
- Fireworks show
- Street shows – you'll find these happening at different hours all throughout the park!
- Character Meet & Greets: Princesses, Buzz Lightyear, Aladdin, and more are here!
- Indoor experiences: Enchanted Tales with Belle is one of many!
Hollywood Studios pregnancy safe rides
- Toy Story Mania!
Other safe things to do while pregnant at Hollywood Studios:
- MuppetVision 3D – indoor show
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Meet & Greet with Star Wars Characters
- Beauty and the Beast Live
- Nighttime Light Show
- Nighttime Fireworks show
- Indiana Jones Stunt Show
- Street Shows
- More indoor shows – just look at your map!
Animal Kingdom pregnancy safe rides (includes Pandora: World of Avatar)
- It's Tough to be a Bug! (this is a show but it's really fun!)
- Na'vi River Journey
- TriceraTop Spin
- Wildlife Express Train
Other safe things to do while pregnant at Animal Kingdom:
- Street performers all throughout the park
- Festival of The Lion King
- Flights of Wonder animal show
- Character Meet & Greets with The Lion King characters & more
- Animal Encounters throughout the park
- Rivers of Light – nighttime light/water show
- Tree of Life Awakenings – nighttime light show on the Tree of Life
- Animal and Nature Exhibits
Epcot pregnancy safe rides
- Frozen Ever After
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros
- Journey Into Imagination With Figment
- Living with the Land
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Spaceship Earth
Other safe things to do while pregnant at Epcot:
- Galleries from around the world
- Eat foods from around the world (just be sure they are pregnancy safe)
- Check map for live showtimes
I will update the list as new rides are added. This list is current as of October 2017.
Good luck to all you pregnant Disney lovers out there! Enjoy your trip to the best of your baby bump ability. So please remember, there's a lot to do at the parks other than ride the big, crazy rides! You just have to be creative. This might be a good time to bring your nice camera and take lots of baby bump photos in different photo spots!
This post may contain affiliate links and/or promotional products, all opinions expressed are that of But First, Joy only. Read my full disclosure.